He was the son of the master painter Georg Green and Ester Andersson and from 1939 married to Majlis Hallgren. He first trained as a professional painter and then studied at the Technical Evening School in Stockholm in 1938-1939 and with Isaac Grünewald in 1945-1946 and during study trips to Belgium, Switzerland, Italy and Norway. He stayed for a period in Paris where he studied at Académie André Lhote in 1947. During a period in the 1950s he lived in Spain for the longest time in Ibiza but also in Catalonia. During the 1940s he exhibited separately in Borås, Skara and Gothenburg and these were followed by exhibitions at Du ungas salon in Stockholm during the 1950s and the Mariagalleriet in Stockholm and in the collective exhibition Liljevalchs spring salon during the 1960s. Notable among his public works are the fifteen meter long fresco Rolling Wheel in Borås, which he painted one night on a concrete wall in the light of a pair of car headlights and a large mural for Leander Johansson’s staff room as well as the scrap sculpture in Sjömarken called The King and Queen. His art consists of still lifes, figures and landscapes in oil, watercolour, pastel and gouache. Alongside his own creation, he worked as an art teacher at Ålgården and as a drawing teacher at the junior high school in Borås. Green is represented at Borås Art Museum, Falbygdens Museum, Västervik Municipality and Borås Municipality. In 2016, a Memorial Exhibition was held in collaboration with Galleri Karlenström in Borås. The initiator was the association Friends of Kulo Green, which is based in Borås.